Cape Girardeau, MO (May 2015 – present)
Copy Department Manager | Red Letter Communications
In addition to senior copywriter duties, I am responsible for staffing my department with junior writers, training them and evaluating them annually. I am also a key member in new business acquisition at the agency.
Cape Girardeau, MO (May 2012 – May 2015)
Senior Copywriter | Red Letter Communications
As senior copywriter, I oversaw all junior writers and was the primary writer for all agency accounts, including STIHL, Vast Broadband, NewWave Communications, The Bank of Missouri, Havco Wood Products and many more.
St. Louis, MO (Jun 2011 – Dec 2011)
Copywriter | Propper International
Key contributor to major re-branding effort. Wrote and edited copy for websites, email, video, print, merchandising and collateral materials. Designed flyers for the sales team. Conducted primary and secondary market research. Established several new marketing initiatives and work processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness tracking.
St. Louis, MO (Jan 2010 – March 2011)
Internet Copywriter | Home Decorators Collection
Sole manager of all internet-based copy materials, including web pages, product copy, marketing emails, SEO web content and banner advertisements. Also wrote SEO-enhanced detailed copy for hundreds of home furnishings across a diverse range of product categories.
Baltimore / St. Louis (Jan 2007 – May 2012)
Freelance Copywriter | Michael T Baxter Creative
Over four years of experience creating effective copywriting solutions for both advertising agencies and company clients across a wide array of industries, from medical to military. Through a proactive work ethic and positive relationship with all my clients, I have achieved a diverse and comprehensive range of skills and professional experience.
Baltimore, MD (Feb 2007 – June 2009)
Copywriter | Blakeslee Group Advertising
Central writer for multiple national advertising campaigns, including print, TV, radio, collateral materials, direct mail, and the web. Won a 2008 Baltimore Silver Addy Award in the “Agency Self Promotion” category.
St. Louis, MO (Summer 2006)
Copywriter Intern | Rodgers Townsend
Collaborated with the creative team to create a national advertising campaign for AT&T. This included print, TV, internet banners and billboards. Also spearheaded the editing of several AT&T white papers.
Columbia, MO (2003 – 2006)
University of Missouri
- BJ in Advertising with Psychology Minor; graduated with honors.
- Accepted to MOJO-Ad, a competitive student-staffed professional-services advertising agency. Mojo-Ad.com.
- 2008 Regional Silver Addy Award – Agency Self Promotion (Copywriter)
- 2012 Regional Silver Addy Award – Agency Self Promotion (Copywriter)
- 2013 Regional Gold Addy Award – Integrated Campaigns (Creative Director, Copywriter)
- 2013 Regional Addy “Best in Show” Award – NewWave Communications “The BOSS” Campaign (Creative Director, Copywriter)
- 2014 Regional Bronze Addy Award – Sales Promotion: Campaign (Copywriter)
- 2014 Regional Bronze Addy Award – Consumer or Trade Publication: Campaign, 4-color (Copywriter)
- 2014 Regional Silver Addy Award – Digital Advertising: Publication, Email (Copywriter)
- 2014 Regional Silver Addy Award – Newspaper: Full Page, Color (Copywriter)
- 2014 Regional Silver Addy Award – Elements of Advertising: Digital Creative Technology, Responsive Design (Copywriter)
- 2014 Regional Gold Addy Award – Integrated Campaigns: Consumer Regional/National (Copywriter)
- 2015 Regional Gold Addy Award – Direct Mail: Mid-Atlantic STIHL Firemen Direct Mail (Copywriter)